Happy Tuesday! Yesterday, I was inexplicably tired but I knew I HAD to get a good workout in so it was all about mind over matter.
I started with a 2 mile run which was actually a little slower than usual (20:24) followed by:
Dead Lifts: 3×5 95lbs
Sumo Squats with 45lbs dumbbell 3×12
Side Dips with 10lb plate 2×15 on each side
Planks: Hold for 1 minute, 2 sets
Jack Knife Abs on Swissball 3×10
Call me crazy but I finished with 10 minutes on the stairmaster and was drenched!
Burned a total of 560 calories (I’m really enjoying my new polar watch!)
What was your workout routine yesterday?
I went through a phase where I went through tons of top coat nail polish looking for the right one. Let’s face it, we all want a super shiny, quick drying polish! I found these polishes to be my favorite!
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri- I LOVE that this polish is inexpensive and dries quickly! However, for just $4, you get what you pay for. When I get about halfway through the bottle, the polish gets tacky and I end up having to buy a new bottle. But if you are looking for something inexpensive that you don’t plan on using too much, try this polish.
- Essie Good to Go- Although this polish is about twice the price of the Sally Hansen polish, it’s worth every penny! It leaves my nails shiny and dries quickly!
- Essie Matte About You- If you are looking for the opposite of shiny, you should try this matte top coat! This look is very in style this season and is another quick drying product!
What’s your favorite top coat?
Five Addicting Apps Just Like Instagram
Loving all of these apps, especially #2!
All curly haired girls can probably agree that we have struggled to get rid of the crunchy curly look! I have always had curly hair and I have never been able to stand that crunchy, wet looking hair. If I only put in some type of serum, my hair would be frizzy so I always felt like I had no other option than to be a crunchy haired girl (ha!).
One day as I was roaming the hair care aisle of Target, I spotted some Pantene products that I hadn’t seen before so I decided to look a little closer. That’s when I found Pantene’s No Crunch Curl Whip. The name alone had me sold! The description says:
Pantene’s Curly Hair No Crunch Curls Whip moisturizes hair and gives you satiny curls for up to 48 hours. Your results: touchably soft curls that last.; Moisturizes hair and gives you satiny curls for up to 48 hours.; Touchably soft curls that last; Moisturizer + Styler.
I usually use a light hairspray with this product and I love the results that I get! Do you have a product that’s perfect for “touchable” curls? Let me know in the comments below!
I’m all about creating a look that looks like it took a lot of time and effort…but did not. I love doing my nails but I don’t always have to time and patience to do them! That’s why I am absolutely loving the latest design I tried yesterday!
For our work parade this past weekend I dressed up as a pin up sailor girl. I’m really happy with how my makeup came out so I thought I would share with you how to achieve the look!
Start with priming your face and use foundation or whatever your usual routine is.
For the eyes:
- I started with using a dark brown color for my crease (the area of your lid that when you open your eyes, well, creases!).
- Then, I used a pearly pale pink for my entire lid.
- With black liquid liner I lined my lid and winged it out for a more dramatic look.
- Next, I curled my lashes and applied 2 coats of mascara. You really want your eyes to “pop”. You can also use false lashes.
- As for lining the lower lash area, I lined my water line (the area right above your lower lashes) with a nude eyeliner to give my eyes a more wide awake look.
- Lastly, I applied one coat of mascara to my bottom lashes.
To finish the look:
Add some pink blush to cheeks and add a highlight (a little shimmer) to cheek bones. I also added a fake beauty mark below my right eye!
Last but certainly not least…red lipstick! This step is a must!
I hope this tutorial will be helpful to anyone trying to achieve this look! If you would like a video version I’d be happy to do so. Also, if you want to learn how I did my pin up girl hair please let me know!
Follow me on Twitter! @KieshaWild104
The Holiday season is just about here and our lives will become consumed with parties, cooking, shopping and….messes! Let’s make things a little easier on ourselves by getting organized! I find that I am least productive when I am feeling overwhelmed and surrounded by clutter. That’s why the other day I decided to start cleaning and getting organized…starting with my car.
I can’t even count how many times my dad would tell me that my car is so dirty that I could grow trees in it. Or how many times people would say “Oh, Kiesha lives out of her car” because there are a lot more shoes and clothes that should be in anyone’s car.
I couldn’t stand looking at or being in this messy car any longer. So, I took a plastic bag out to my car and went to work! I pulled 18 empty water bottles out of my car…EIGHTEEN! I am almost ashamed to admit that! When I got into my clean car the next day I felt like I had been robbed because it was so clean! But honestly, I feel so much better and relaxed in a clean car.
Your challenge this week is to start with cleaning out your vehicle! Hopefully you don’t pull out 18 empty water bottles…